The Scholarships and Advanced Training Division (SATD) is responsible for administering scholarships and long-term technical assistance awards offered by or through the Government of Trinidad and Tobago. Scholarships are offered on a competitive basis and are offered through open calls for applications via public notices.
SATD's primary activities include:
- Processing the offer of training awards to nationals;
- Serving as the Secretariat of the Scholarship Selection Committee and the Scholarship Review Committee;
- Implementing procedures to enable successful candidates to take up their awards;
- Servicing awards, monitoring the progress of trainees and ensuring that they make themselves available to fulfill their contractual obligations;
- Facilitating the placement of returned scholars through the professional development programme;
- Ensuring the recovery of monies spent on awards in the case of defaulting trainees.
Undergraduate and Post Graduate Scholarships up to the Doctoral level are available to citizens of Trinidad and Tobago. Scholarship applications are usually entertained only in response to published scholarship advertisements.
Application forms are available online, at the SATD office, at all foreign missions, and at the Tobago House of Assembly. Applications can also be made at our ttconnect Service Centres.
Some special awards are granted to deserving nationals based on the results of General Certificate of Education (GCE) and Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examination (CAPE) assessments.
The Ministry of Education also offers particular awards through their partnerships with:
- The Teacher Training programme;
- The Technical Vocational Schools; and
- East Caribbean Institute of Agriculture and Forestry (ECIAF).
Visit www.scholarships.gov.tt for offerings, obligations and more information.